Classes start February 2 thru April 20, 2017 | Thursdays from 1:00 – 4:00 pm
$125 per person or $150 per couple
Have you always wanted to learn more about gardening? Now is your chance!
Coordinated by Utah State University Extension and hosted partially at the Swaner EcoCenter, the Master Gardener Program includes 40 hours of class lecture and give back to the community. Attendees learn through classroom lectures, reading course materials, completing a worksheet from the class each week, giving hands-on service, and instruct others in the community.
After completing both the course requirements and volunteer hours, Master Gardeners receive a certificate. Many Master Gardeners find the community service so enjoyable that they go on to earn advanced service certificates of recognition.
Example Volunteer Opportunities:
- Helping with USU Extension Botanical Garden Activities
- Assisting with communities, religious groups or other local organizations
- Plant diagnostic clinics and answering phone
- Speaking Bureau- Garden Talks
- County Fairs and Gardening Festivals
- Senior Citizen workshops
- USUBC and Utah House projects
- Display Gardens
- Farmers Markets
Areas of Training:
- Basic Botany
- Soils and Fertilizers
- Fruits and Vegetables
- Trees, Shrubs and Flowers
- Weed Science
- Integrated Pest Management
- Landscape Design